Government Contracting Institute: Clarifying legal requirements - WTP speaker
Date: March 5, 2014 - 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
bwtech@UMBC, Research & Technology Park, Baltimore MD
The federal government has incorporated very specific legal requirements into every aspect of contracting from the initial budget process through the preliminary acquisition method development, methods of payments, contractor eligibility, prime and subcontracting issues, small business programs and subcontracting issues, communication during the life cycle of a contract, contractor debarment, protests, debriefings, and ownership.
- Statutory framework, acquisition methods and types of government contracts
- FAR, DFARS and agency supplements - breaking down the standard contract terms and conditions in government prime and subcontracts.
- The treatment of costs/pricing in government contracts
- Government contracts compliance - unique business practices and ethical responsibilities of government contractors
- Teaming Arrangements, subcontracting and small business contracting programs - what contractors need to know
- Government contract disputes processes - from bid protests to debarment