Nussbaum and Ryan Present at Global Distressed Debt West Coast Investor Forum
Baltimore - Whiteford, Taylor & Preston (WTP) attorneys, Paul M. Nussbaum and William F. Ryan, Jr., presented on Investing In Distressed Securities During Troubled Economic Times at the International Quality and Productivity Center's (IPCQ) Global Distressed Debt West Coast Investor Forum, Los Angeles, California, on March 31-April 2, 2008.
Paul M. Nussbaum, partner and chair of Whiteford, Taylor & Preston's Business Reorganizations and Restructuring section, and William F. Ryan, Jr., partner and chair of the firm's Litigation Department, presented on the first day of the conference (April 1). Their presentation covered the following:
- Pros and cons of being an active or passive holder of distressed debt;
- Aspects of acquiring and monitoring secured v. unsecured positions;
- Issues related to holding debt and equity positions; and
- Risk exposure and legal liability issues for holders of distressed debt
Nussbaum's and Ryan's fellow presenters included, among others:
- Martin S. Zohn, Esq. of Proskauer Rose's Los Angeles office;
- James Sprayregan, chairman of Goldman Sachs;
- Christopher Hebble, vice president of Cerberus Capital Management;
- Howard Bailey, senior vice president of Restructuring Finance Group, GE Commercial Finance;
- Mitchell Lench, managing director of Credit Suisse;
- Amit Patel, managing director of Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin Capital; and
- Brian Cullen, managing director of Channin Capital Partners.
The Global Distressed Debt Investor Forum, a three-day series of panel discussions, presentations, and case studies, is designed to create a dialogue among investors, hedge fund managers, portfolio managers, and investment bankers concerning available investment opportunities, emerging asset sectors, and likely risks and returns. The forum is hosted by the International Quality and Productivity Center.
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston LLP is dedicated to helping clients to achieve their business goals through strategic legal counsel. We serve clients across the nation and around the globe, wherever your business takes us, from our six offices in the mid-Atlantic region. For more information, please visit our website at www.wtplaw.com.