Webinar: What's Coming Down the Line?
A Legal Analysis of the USACE NWP-12 Federal District Court Ruling
Date: May 19, 2020, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Please join Whiteford and McCormick Taylor for a free webinar on the recent US District Court ruling that vacated the USACE Nationwide 12 Permit and remanded it back to USACE. The discussion will provide a breakdown of the ruling itself, what led to the ruling, and how this case could impact projects and programs that rely on Nationwide Permits in the future.
This webinar will cover:
- An explanation of the Court's ruling, including the “legalese” surrounding the decision
- How the case originated and the basis for the challenge
- The status of the case, the Corps' likely appeal, and whether similar cases in the past are any guide
- The specific triggers relative to the Endangered Species Act that allowed for this ruling
- What does this mean for NGOs and other opposition groups?
- Considerations and possible scenarios for the future of the NWP
- Justin Bates, Senior Project Manager, Environmental Services
- Stephen Luttrell, Counsel
- Trent Zivkovich, Partner