Our copyright capabilities are as broad as our clients' creative expressions. Our Technology and Intellectual Property lawyers have sought copyright registrations in the United States for a wide range of original works of authorship, including works of art, literary works, computer software, promotional materials, architectural drawings, marketing material, and product manuals. Internationally, we advise our clients regarding a host of foreign copyright protection issues and manage our clients' foreign copyright matters through our established legal affiliations maintained in virtually all commercially significant countries.
Specifically, we advise our clients on a wide variety of copyright issues and possess significant experience in many areas, including:
- Identification and protection of U.S. and foreign copyrights
- Preparation and prosecution of U.S. copyright registration applications
- Review of copyright infringement matters
- Advice related to ownership of copyrights, including developing workplace policies, work for hire agreements and other intellectual property ownership strategies
- Enforcement of copyrights, including preparation of cease and desist letters
- Prosecution and defense of copyright infringement actions in the U.S., including sophisticated software infringement actions
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating copyright license, manufacture and development, marketing and other agreements
- Transfers of copyrights, including preparation of assignment and recordation documents
- Conducting necessary due diligence on copyrights in mergers and acquisitions, financings and other transactions
59 Whiteford, Taylor & Preston Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2016, Eight Named as “Lawyers of the Year”
Fifty-nine lawyers from Whiteford, Taylor & Preston have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 (copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken S.C.). The lawyers selected are based in the firm’s Maryland, Washington and Virginia offices.
Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP is very gratified to announce that the firm has received exemplary ratings in the second annual U.S. News & World Report rankings of law firms. In Maryland, WTP was rated highly in 34 practice areas, more than any other firm in the state.