Aaron A. Nichols
Mr. Nichols represents clients in a broad range of complex business and commercial disputes, including antitrust and trade regulation cases, class action lawsuits and insurance coverage and defense litigation. He is additionally experienced in securities and intellectual property disputes.
A member of the firm’s E-Discovery Practice Group, Mr. Nichols routinely advises clients on e-discovery related issues and develops and implements e-discovery strategies to ensure an effective and efficient discovery process, while maintaining and protecting sensitive business information.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Nichols practiced at a boutique labor and employment firm, successfully representing clients in collective bargaining disputes, class action litigation and claims of civil rights violations in federal and state courts, arbitrations and administrative hearings.
Memberships & Activities
- Board Member: Johns Hopkins Ataxia Center
- Committee Member: Fort Meade Alliance Rising Stars
- Organizing Member: Baltimore Venture Capital
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Baltimore County Bar Association
- Member: Baltimore City Bar Association
- Judicial Law Clerk: Honorable Judith C. Ensor, Circuit Court for Baltimore County
Business and Commercial Disputes
- Counsel to one of the country’s major manufacturers of water treatment chemicals in a multi-district litigation pending in the United States District Court for New Jersey and related causes of action in various state courts. The MDL proceedings are a consolidation of multiple putative class-action lawsuits pursuing antitrust and related claims on behalf of direct and indirect purchasers of water treatment chemicals
- Counsel to investment entity in pursuit of fraud and other claims involving venture capital fund partner's misconduct in connection with investments
- Counsel to a local developer in an effort to protect trademarks rights against the infringement of competing developer
- Counsel to numerous businesses and individuals in contract, tort, and other disputes in state and federal courts, both locally and nationally
Electronically Stored Information
- Representation of clients with respect to the discovery and management of electronic information, including the preservation, collection, review, and production of electronically stored information
- Representation of clients with respect to discovery disputes involving electronically stored information and discovery procedures and protocols
- Represented client in responding to subpoena issued in a multi-district litigation against a manufacturer of tobacco products