This one hour panel-format webinar focuses on the legal and practical issues presented by legalization of medical marijuana, with the final 15 minutes reserved for Q & A.
Allen E. Honick
Mr. Honick manages a diverse litigation practice ranging from complex business disputes to representing plaintiffs in a variety of civil rights and general negligence matters. He has successfully represented large and small clients through all phases of the litigation process. Mr. Honick prides himself on being a true trial lawyer and not just a “litigator.” His trial success includes a recent jury verdict of $2.7 million in a civil rights claim against a State government.
Mr. Honick is also asked to serve in the role of outside general counsel on a wide range of issues, including cannabis law and general consulting, real estate acquisition and management, financial services, entity formation and planning, and corporate governance.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked as a director of a national title company. Mr. Honick graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law magna cum laude, and received his Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies, with a minor in English Composition from Stevenson University.”
Memberships & Activities
- Board Member: Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member: Baltimore County Bar Association
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association, Disaster Relief Committee
- Member: Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Executive Committee Member: University of Baltimore Young Lawyers Alumni Council
- Representation of a national commercial builder in multimillion dollar breach of contract and tort action.
- Managed portfolio of state tax liens for national servicing company.
- Representation of international corporation in defense of a catastrophic tort claim.
- Representation of a solar and renewable energy business in a breach of contract matter.
- Representation of a non-profit organization in contract dispute.
- Representation of various creditors in collection matters.
- Successful representation of a private equity consulting group in breach of contract claim involving proprietary trade secrets and unpaid retainer fees owed.
Personal Injury Litigation
- Successfully negotiated dozens of personal injury and medical malpractice actions involving claims ranging from small five figure matters to multi-million dollar claims.
- Successfully tried numerous personal injury claims to verdict.
- Ongoing representation of plaintiffs in general negligence, motor vehicle, and premises liability claims.
Civil Rights Litigation
- Representation of several plaintiffs in a variety of Section 1983 actions.
- Regularly pursues excessive force complaints against state and local entities.
- Representation of prisoners in conditions of confinement claims.
- Representation of individuals in Eighth Amendment claims concerning inadequate medical treatment.
- Representation of receiver in a receivership prosecuted by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Real Estate Litigation
- Representation of a municipality in an inverse condemnation proceeding resulting from environmental contamination.
- Representation of condominium association in defending claims related to bylaws.
- Successful resolution of commercial real estate purchase dispute involving sale of business assets and real estate.
Outside General Counsel
- Serve as outside general counsel to a local non-profit organization specializing in psychiatric rehabilitation for children and adults in need.
- Serve as outside general counsel to money services business.
- Ongoing representation of various cannabis entities and consortiums.
- Counsel financial institutions, insurers, and other ancillary businesses on implementation of cannabis laws and their interplay with existing statutory schemes.
- Serve as outside general counsel to private equity consulting group.
- Serve as outside general counsel to several faith-based organizations.
- Ongoing representation of clients from Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service.
- Volunteer at Jewish Community Services pro bono legal clinic.
FINRA Securities Litigation
- Successfully resolved broker misconduct claim involving unsuitability, unauthorized trading, and failure to supervise.
BigLaw 101 for Law Students, University of Baltimore School of Law, (February 6, 2019)
Understanding the Impact of Legalization of Medical Marijuana, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston Webinar (September 2018)
Speed Networking, Women’s Bar Association, University of Baltimore School of Law (2018)
1L Career Development Orientation, University of Baltimore School of Law (2017)
Business of Law Seminar, University of Baltimore School of Law (2016)