On July 30, leading Richmond-area business publication BizSense led with a story about the move to Whiteford, Taylor & Preston by prominent Richmond litigators Vernon Inge and Corey Booker: “A veteran local lawyer says he’s in search of the ‘A-team’ of area attorneys as he begins to build a large regional law firm’s first Richmond office.”
Corey Simpson Booker
Ms. Booker’s practice focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation matters including creditors’ rights and banking/lender litigation for both debtors and creditors, commercial disputes, professional malpractice claims, ERISA claims, and environmental, land use, and zoning litigation. Ms. Booker serves as the managing lawyer for a large docket of collection and replevin cases for a financial company over multiple jurisdictions. This role includes working with clients to develop efficient and cost-effective business solutions to fit the clients’ needs.
Her commercial litigation experience includes the handling of cases involving financial services disputes, fraudulent transfers matters, commercial disputes, defamation claims, and claims related to environmental, land use and zoning litigation. Ms. Booker also regularly represents lenders in commercial litigation matters, lender liability, and UCC matters in state and federal courts. Ms. Booker has practiced before federal and state courts as wells as state agencies.
Her bankruptcy practice involves the representation of lenders and other secured creditors, trustees, lessors and vendors. Ms. Booker regularly represents parties in bankruptcy litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer litigation, claims litigation matters, and property of the estate matters.
- Recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star in Environmental Litigation and Business Litigation, 2009-2018
- University of Virginia Young Alumni Council: 2009-present
- Greater Richmond Red Cross Leadership Development Council 2007-2008
- Greater Richmond Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) Board of Young Professionals, Programs Committee Co-Chair
Memberships & Activities
- Member: Virginia Bar Association: Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section Council; Young Lawyers Division Member
- Member: Virginia State Bar
- Member: Richmond Bar Association: Environmental Law, Litigation and Young Lawyers Sections
- Member: American Bar Association: Environmental Law Section