All attorneys, but especially newer attorneys, are asked to do a lot with their time. If you’re in a firm, you’ve got billable hours to maintain, firm events to attend, and the never-ending quest for business development opportunities. If you’re a solo, you are most likely spending all of your time worrying about the innumerable duties involved in running your own business and providing good service, all while keeping the lights on. Attorneys in government, in-house, and other settings have many of the same responsibilities and time commitments, along with stresses unique to their situations. Add to this the fact that you’re also a human, trying to have a life, a family, friends, hobbies, and—if you are a parent—five minutes of uninterrupted silence, and this puts attorneys in a very difficult position. While additional time devoted to community service may seem impossible, it is well worth the effort, especially for young attorneys looking for ways to distinguish themselves among their peers.
Danielle G. Marcus
Ms. Marcus primarily concentrates her practice in products liability, toxic exposure & environmental litigation. She has previously represented manufacturers of asbestos-containing products in hundreds of cases before Circuit and Appellate Courts of Maryland and the United States District Courts of Maryland and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. She also has defended hundreds of fact witness depositions on behalf of manufacturers of asbestos-containing products.
Memberships & Activities
- Member: Women's Bar Association of Maryland
- Secretary, 2018-2019
- Board Member At-Large, 2017-2018
- Historian, 2016-2017
- Member: Anne Arundel County Chapter of Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- President, 2015-2018
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Baltimore City Bar Association
- Member: Maryland Defense Counsel
- Member: Defense Research Institute
- Member: National Association of Women Lawyers
- Board Member: Anne Arundel County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (2012-2014)
Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation
- Representation of manufacturers and suppliers in defense of toxic tort and products liability claims, including ongoing defense of chemical company against asbestos-products liability cases filed in courts throughout the country
- Previously represented manufacturers of asbestos-containing products in hundreds of cases before Circuit and Appellate Courts of Maryland and the United States District Courts of Maryland and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Defended hundreds of fact witness depositions on behalf of manufacturers of asbestos-containing products
Civil Rights and Associated Tort Litigation
- Representation of police officers in cases involving civil rights and associated tort claims in Maryland state and Federal courts
Author: "Leadership in Community Service as a Young Lawyer," The Woman Advocate Newsletter, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Spring 2015, Vol. 20, No. 3.
Author: Recent Development, Werbowsky v. Collomb, 31.2 U. Balt. L. F. 31-33 (2001)
U.S. News & World Report: Whiteford, Taylor & Preston's Product Liability Defense Group Ranked Tier One Nationally
Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP is very gratified to announce that the firm’s Product Liability group has been ranked in the top tier nationally by U.S. News & World Report’s rankings of law firms. Only 32 firms nationwide received this recognition.