Mr. Daneman, a partner in WTP’s Baltimore Office, is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Bankruptcy practices, which address matters including business and individual bankruptcy, personal injury litigation (plaintiffs and defense) , professional negligence claims, construction, environmental matters, technology and intellectual property issues, products liability claims, labor and employment litigation, and all other litigation practices of the Firm.
After nearly two decades managing a small Baltimore based boutique firm, Mr. Daneman brought his diverse practice to WTP in 2012. The decades of providing representation to individuals, large national and small regional financial institutions, as well as many area businesses with their commercial litigation, loan/debt workout and business matters, has provided Mr. Daneman with substantial trial and appellate experience at all levels of the state and federal courts in Maryland. Mr. Daneman has represented individual and corporate Debtors, Trustees, and Creditors’ Committees in various Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases and related litigation.
While Mr. Daneman continues to assist the other members of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Litigation groups in a variety of litigation matters, he focuses his practice in the areas of personal injury litigation, construction and business litigation and bankruptcy.
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2011
Memberships & Activities
- Member: Baltimore City Bar Association
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association; Chair: Young Lawyers Section, 1994-1995; Member: Board of Governors, 1996-1998; Delegate to the ABA, 1995 - 1996
- Member: Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member: Maryland Bar Foundation, 1990 - present
- Committee Member: University of Baltimore Career Development
- Committee Member: Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Committee Member: Rothschild Art Foundation; Rothschild Charitable Foundation
General Business Counsel
- Serve as general counsel to several area businesses including by example: two smart home technology companies, a solar and renewable energy business, a minority owned residential and commercial building general contractor
- Trustee and counsel to several family and charitable trusts and foundations
- Successful representation of regional investment management firm as plaintiff in lawsuit seeking tens of millions of dollars in damages for breaches of fiduciary duty, intentional interference, breaches of contract and related claims
- Handled and planned discovery for cases involving substantial volumes of electronic data and associated e-discovery issues
- Successfully prosecuted a shareholders’ dispute in a multi-location restaurant business
- Obtained favorable verdict for plaintiff in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City in breach of contract in the construction of a community center in Baltimore
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for plaintiff in the Circuit Court for Queen Anne’s County in breach of contract in the construction of a community center in Baltimore
Personal Injury Litigation
- Successfully negotiated hundreds of plaintiffs' personal injury and medical malpractice actions involving claims ranging from small five figure matters to multi-million dollar claims
- Recently favorably resolved high six figure pedestrian injury case prior to suit
- Co-counsel for plaintiffs is several seven figure plaintiff medical malpractice claims
- Successfully tried numerous plaintiff personal injury claims to verdict
- Represented self-insured pest control defendant in personal injury case in State Court
Bankruptcy, Trustee, Creditors Committee and Special Counsel Representation
- Counsel to multiple location fast food franchise owner in successful Chapter 11 reorganization
- Counsel to financial institutions as creditors in hundreds of individual and corporate bankruptcy cases
- Counsel to Chapter 11 Creditors’ Committee in In Re Tidepoint Corporation and completion of management and distribution of liquidation trust
- Counsel to Chapter 11 Creditors’ Committee in In Re N. Ginsburg & Sons (Floors Etc.) in maximizing recovery for creditors in successful business reorganization case
- Special Counsel to Chapter 7 Trustee in multimillion dollar litigation matter involving claims of fraud, misrepresentation and breaches of contract
- Special Counsel to Chapter 7 Trustees to assist in a wide array of state court litigation matters associated with bankruptcy cases
- Counsel to several Chapter 7 Trustees in the prosecution of fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation matters
- Counsel to numerous defendants in fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation matters, including for example the successful defense of several multi-million claims against defendants in the In Re Railworks Corporation case
- Counsel to a subsidiary of a large international insurance company for defense of a $2.1M preference and fraudulent conveyance action filed by a Litigation Trustee- summary judgment granted in favor of Defendant by the United States Bankruptcy Court of the District of Maryland in 2012
- Numerous out of court workouts
- Representation of hundreds of businesses and individuals as debtors, and as defendants in preference, fraudulent conveyance and other avoidance actions
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that 64 of its attorneys are listed among the 2013 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in three states.
The firm is particularly proud of the young lawyers who are recognized as “Rising Stars”; the four partners who are listed in the Top 100 in Maryland – Edward Buxbaum, Edwin Fee, William Ryan, and Dwight Stone; and the 16 who are named for the first time this year.