John Selbach focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, commercial real estate, public finance and general corporate matters. He represents companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, waste services companies, government contractors, IT companies, financial services, medical practices, public and private golf courses, and developers and other types of real estate companies.
Mr. Selbach serves as outside general corporate counsel to numerous privately held companies in connection with entity formation, capital structure, shareholder and management matters, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, financings, government contracting, employment matters, business counseling and general corporate matters. He represents companies in buying, developing, leasing, financing and selling improved and unimproved real property. He also represents borrowers and issuers in various tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions and local government bodies on various matters.
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America® in Corporate Law, 2019
- John Marshall Scholar
- University of Richmond Law School Client Counseling and Negotiation Board
- University of Richmond Negotiation Competition Finalist
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Sale and Lease of Goods; Estate Planning
- Listed in Virginia Business magazine's "Legal Elite" for Business Law, 2017
Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association: Business Law Section; Corporate Counsel Section; Real Property Section
- Richmond Bar Association: Business Law Section, Executive Committee Member