Mr. Selbach is an experienced advisor on business and corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, commercial real estate and public finance. He regularly serves as outside general counsel to privately held companies, overseeing legal strategy and advising owners and senior management on all aspects of their legal needs.
With extensive experience leading M&A transactions, Mr. Selbach counsels clients on a wide range of business and corporate matters, including entity formation, capital structuring, acquisitions and divestitures, financings, shareholder and management issues and general business counseling. He is experienced representing investors, developers and companies in buying, developing, leasing, financing and selling improved and unimproved real property, as well as advising borrowers and issuers in tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions. He represents local government bodies on a range of matters, including economic development projects.
Mr. Selbach’s industry experience extends to manufacturing, distribution, retail, waste services, government contracting, IT, staffing, financial services and medical practices. He has particular experience representing public, semi-private and private golf courses and country clubs, as well as golf industry associations, in all aspects of their businesses and operations, including acquisitions, divestitures, financings, restructuring, governance, membership plan structuring, employment matters and litigation strategy.
- Named to Virginia Business magazine’s "Legal Elite" for Business Law
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Sale and Lease of Goods; Estate Planning
Memberships and Activities
- Virginia State Golf Association: General Counsel
- Hermitage Country Club: Former Vice President and Director
- Richmond Bar Association: Business Law Section, Former Executive Committee Member
- Virginia State Bar Association: Business Law Section; Corporate Counsel Section; Real Property Section
- American Bar Association