Nelson C. Cohen
Mr. Cohen, a member of the firm's Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy Litigation group, has nearly 40 years of experience representing debtors, creditors and Chapter 7 and 11 Trustees in commercial bankruptcies and related litigation. His experience extends to federal, state and bankruptcy courts throughout the East. His clients include real estate developers, commercial and private lenders, retailers, manufacturers and individuals.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2009 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bankruptcy Litigation, 1995 - present
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2008; 2010; 2013 - present
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2012 - present
- AV® Peer Review Rated: Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers: Washingtonian, 2011 - present
Memberships & Activities
- Member: American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: District of Columbia Local Rules Committee
- Debtor's Counsel to long-time Washington, DC retail chain in its Chapter 11 reorganization
- Debtor's Counsel to manufacturer of hi-tech military equipment in Chapter 11 reorganization
- Debtor's Counsel to owner of multi-family housing in Chapter 11 reorganization
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee in lawsuit to recover over ten million dollars of fraudulent conveyances
59 lawyers from Whiteford, Taylor & Preston have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 (copyright 2017 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken S.C.). The lawyers selected are based in the firm’s Maryland, Washington and Virginia offices. Client comments are posted on the U.S. News & Best Lawyers web site, at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
In addition, two lawyers were selected as “Lawyer of the Year” for their particular areas of practice.
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that Chambers and Partners has once again ranked the firm highly in its 2017 list of leading firms and business lawyers. This year’s recognition includes a record 29 attorneys in 4 states, the District of Columbia and Afghanistan.
59 Whiteford, Taylor & Preston Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2017, Eight Named as "Lawyers of the Year"
Fifty-nine lawyers from Whiteford, Taylor & Preston have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 (copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken S.C.). The lawyers selected are based in the firm’s Maryland, Washington and Virginia offices.
In addition, eight lawyers were selected as “Lawyers of the Year” for their particular areas of practice.
Whiteford Taylor & Preston announced today that prominent bankruptcy attorney Nelson C. Cohen has joined the firm as Senior Counsel in its Bethesda office. With decades of experience in bankruptcy law, Mr. Cohen is experienced representing both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy courts and has negotiated hundreds of workouts.