Terrence M.R. Zic
Terry Zic is a well-known practitioner in Montgomery County and has chaired its Trial Courts Nominating Commission. Mr. Zic focuses his practice on products liability and commercial litigation. He is a national and local representative of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation involving a wide range of products. He also represents other product manufacturers in product liability claims and automobile dealers in consumer protection act, fraud, breach of warranty, fraudulent title and breach of contract actions.
In addition, he was recently appointed by Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland, as the Chair of the Montgomery County Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission.
- AV Peer Review Rated: Martindale-Hubbell
Memberships & Activities
- Chair: Montgomery County Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission, appointed by Governor Hogan
- Member: International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member: Defense Research Institute
- Member: Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Member: Maryland Bar Foundation
- Member: Montgomery County, Maryland Inn of Court
- Member: American Bar Association
Product Liability Experience
- National Toxic Tort Discovery Counsel for one of the “Big Three” domestic automobile manufacturing companies.
- Trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts.
- National and local representation of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation involving a wide range of products, such as: intraocular lenses, surgical eye gel, prescription pain medications, prescription anti-epileptic medication, and nasal decongestant.
- Representation of other product manufacturers in product liability claims involving: air compressor hammers (a/k/a “rivet buster”), hydraulic rescue tools, adult tricycles, plastic pipe raw material, cigarette lighters, geriatric chairs, and asbestos-containing gaskets and packing.
- Broad based litigation experience including: insurance coverage and defense, premises liability, automobile tort, and correctional medicine (representation of physicians and nurses in civil rights lawsuits brought by inmates regarding medical care).
- Represented automobile dealers in consumer protection act, fraud, breach of warranty, fraudulent title and breach of contract actions.
- Defense of residential facilities, such as drug treatment and group homes, against claims of abuse and wrongful death.
U.S. News & World Report: Whiteford, Taylor & Preston's Product Liability Defense Group Ranked Tier One Nationally
Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP is very gratified to announce that the firm’s Product Liability group has been ranked in the top tier nationally by U.S. News & World Report’s rankings of law firms. Only 32 firms nationwide received this recognition.
Whiteford Taylor & Preston announced today that two partners, Terrence M.R. Zic and Kathleen S. Corpus, have joined the firm’s Products Liability & Environmental Litigation group.
Mr. Zic and Ms. Corpus, who were previously at LeClair Ryan, both focus on products liability and commercial litigation. In particular, they have handled asbestos discovery matters nationwide on behalf of one of the “Big Three” auto companies based in Michigan.