Webinar: 5 Questions Employers Should Ask Every Year
Date: January 23, 2019 - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
This one hour webinar will address five HR issues that are frequent stumbling blocks for employers seeking to maintain compliance and avoid costly litigation, with the last 10 minutes reserved for Q & A.
Topics will include:
David Stevens, Partner, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
- Is my employee handbook up to date?
- Do I have restrictive covenants for my key employees, and are they enforceable?
- Are my exempt employees really exempt?
- Are my independent contractors really independent contractors?
- If ICE shows up at my door, are my documents in order?
Mr. Stevens is based in the firm’s Baltimore office and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment section. He handles cases involving labor and employment litigation, EEO/discrimination cases, HR issues including employee handbooks, non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, and wage and benefits claims.
Katelyn Vu, Associate, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
Ms. Vu represents businesses and individuals in various types of civil litigation, including labor, employment, contract, and personal injury actions in state and federal courts,as well as administrative forums throughout Maryland.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org