From simple non-disclosure agreements to sophisticated international licensing and joint venture arrangements, our Technology and Intellectual Property attorneys possess extensive experience in structuring and implementing transactions in which copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks and other intellectual property assets play a critical role. In addition to providing counsel regarding state of the art strategies for commercializing a client's intellectual property rights, such as through development, license, marketing, distribution and other technology transfer agreements, we regularly advise our clients concerning a wide variety of transactional intellectual property matters, including:
- Crafting innovative technology use, delivery and transfer agreements, such as those related to application service providers and open source software
- Forming new entities, joint ventures, partnerships and other strategic alliances to leverage intellectual property assets
- Performing due diligence on intellectual property matters in mergers, acquisitions, financing and other transactions
- Drafting and reviewing securities disclosures relating to intellectual property matters in public and private statements
- Obtaining and perfecting security interests in intellectual property for financing and other transactions
- Conducting intellectual property audits for clients internal business planning purposes or other external use
These services are provided for a host of clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs and emerging technology companies to large established businesses. Consistent with our collaborative "team approach" to problem solving, our Technology and Intellectual Property attorneys work closely with other WTP attorneys on transactional intellectual property matters, including our Emerging Business and Venture Finance Group, our Corporate and Securities Group and our Employment Law Group.