Whiteford, Taylor & Preston and 11 Attorneys Listed in Benchmark Litigation 2012
Baltimore – The 2012 edition of Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys has once again ranked Whiteford, Taylor & Preston in the top tier of litigation firms in Maryland, with more ranked lawyers than any other firm on the list.
Ten lawyers from the firm were named as “Local litigation stars” and one as a “Future Star.”
Only seven firms in Maryland received the highest ranking of “Highly recommended,” which indicates those firms deemed “dominant” in the state.
The selected lawyers represent the broad diversity of the firm's litigation experience, ranging from sophisticated business litigation, to bankruptcy, products liability, and international arbitration and litigation.
Martin Fletcher, the firm's Managing Partner, commented, “We are delighted to have our litigation practice and numerous individual litigators recognized by this independent, international research firm. It speaks extraordinarily well of the firm's litigation skills and the high quality of service we deliver to our clients on a daily basis.”
Maryland “Local Litigation Stars”
- Edward Buxbaum – Commercial Litigation, Health Care, Insurance, Medical Malpractice
- Kevin Hroblak – Bankruptcy, Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability
- Harry Johnson – Product Liability and Toxic Tort
- Alexander Koff - International Arbitration
- Richard Magid – Commercial Litigation, Environmental, Health Care, Railroad, Securities
- Albert Mezzanotte, Jr. – Insurance
- Paul Nussbaum – Bankruptcy
- William Ryan – Commercial Litigation, Environmental, ERISA, Professional Liability, Intellectual Property, Securities
- Brent Strickland - Bankruptcy
- Steven Tiller – Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property
Maryland “Future Star”
About Benchmark Litigation: Benchmark Litigation focuses exclusively on the U.S. litigation market and conducts extensive interviews each year to identify leading lawyers in each state and nationally. The “highly recommended” listings identify the firms deemed “dominant” in the state, based on the interviews with clients and peers. The publisher, Legal Media Group/Euromoney PLC, is one of the top financial and legal presses in Europe and Asia.
With over 150 attorneys, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their business goals through strategic legal counsel. We serve our clients across the nation and around the globe from our base of six offices in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan, and Washington, DC.