David W. Gaffey
Prior to joining Whiteford, Mr. Gaffey served as law clerk to the Honorable Kevin R. Huennekens in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division, and as an attorney in the Disclosure Unit of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, the federal agency that handles claims of wrongdoing within the executive branch of the federal government.
- Listed in Virginia Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star": 2016 - present
- Listed in Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star”: 2017 – present
Memberships & Activities
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Kevin R. Huennekens, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division (2011-2012)
- Selected for the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation program in 2018
- Member: American Bankruptcy Institute
- President-Elect and Young Lawyers Division Co-Chair: Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member: Walter Chandler American Inn of Court (Washington, D.C. chapter)
- Member: Turnaround Management Association
- Member: Virginia Bar Association
- Member: Duke Club of Washington
- Member: Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee
Co-Author: “Bankruptcy Practice in Virginia,” The Virginia Law Foundation, Chapter 13: Compensation for Attorneys and Other Professionals, Virginia CLE (2017)
Author: Stern v. Marshall in Virginia, 24 Bankr. L. News, no. 10, at 1 (2013)
Author: Bankruptcy Law, 47 Univ. Richmond L. Rev. 51 (2012)
Author: Outsourcing Infrastructure: Expanding the Use of Public-Private Partnerships in the United States, 39 Pub. Cont. L.J. 351 (2010)
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that thirteen of its attorneys are listed among the 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in D.C. and Virginia.
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that thirteen of its attorneys are listed among the 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in D.C. and Virginia.
Whiteford Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that David W. Gaffey is named a 2016 Rising Star in both Virginia and DC.