It’s been the talk of the town. House Bill 987 passed by the General Assembly in 2012 requires ten major jurisdictions to implement a watershed protection and restoration program and to apply a storm water remediation fee to fund the program by July 1, 2013. So what does this mean for property owners? Residential property owners are subject to a set annual fee ranging from $11 to $195 depending on the county in which your property is located.
Emily K. Lashley
Ms. Lashley has a diverse background in real estate, corporate, litigation and trusts and estates matters. Serving in a general counsel role to property owners, businesses and Independent Schools, she has been named a “Rising Star" by Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Named a "Rising Star" by Maryland Super Lawyers (2011 - 2014)
Memberships & Activities
- Member: Baltimore County Bar Association
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce
- Member: Towson Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member: Middle River Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company, Inc. (November 2016 - present)
- Board Member: American Breast Cancer Foundation (2012-2013)
Business & Corporate
- Outside general counsel to businesses in a wide variety of legal and commercial matters, including general corporate planning and document drafting, corporate governance and Board matters
- Represents businesses in sales, mergers and acquisitions
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and lease agreements
- Advises on corporate structure and maintenance
- Contract drafting and negotiations
- Debt collection matters
Real Estate Litigation
- Zoning, boundary disputes, adverse possession and land use matters
- Contract/lease disputes
- Landlord/tenant matters
- General business litigation matters
- Contract claims and employment disputes
- Debt collection matters
- Disputes over ownership of real property in estates, including disputes between heirs regarding disposition of estate property
- Disputes between spouse and children of a decedent
Estates & Trust
- Administration of estates
- Guardianship matters
- Preparation of estate planning documents, including Last Will & Testaments, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and Appointments of Health Care Agents
Fifty-One Whiteford Attorneys Named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in Maryland; Two in Maryland Listed in "Top 100"
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that 54 of its Maryland-based attorneys are listed among the 2014 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
The firm is particularly proud of the young lawyers who are recognized as “Rising Stars” and the three partners who received special recognition -- Edward Buxbaum and Dwight Stone in the Top 100, and Mary Claire Chesshire in the Top 50 Women.
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that 64 of its attorneys are listed among the 2013 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in three states.
The firm is particularly proud of the young lawyers who are recognized as “Rising Stars”; the four partners who are listed in the Top 100 in Maryland – Edward Buxbaum, Edwin Fee, William Ryan, and Dwight Stone; and the 16 who are named for the first time this year.
Forty-Six Whiteford, Taylor & Preston Attorneys Named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in Maryland; Five in Maryland Listed in “Top 100”
The firm is particularly proud of the five who are listed in the Top 100 in Maryland – Edward Buxbaum, Edwin Fee, Paul Nussbaum, William Ryan, and Dwight Stone. Selection of the Top 100 lawyers in a jurisdiction is strictly based on the highest scores in the Super Lawyer judging process, and Whiteford is one of the two firms with the most names on the list.
Forty-Seven Whiteford, Taylor & Preston Attorneys Named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars; More Named in "Top 50" Than Any Other Maryland Law Firm
Whiteford, Taylor & Preston is pleased to announce that 47 of its attorneys are listed among the 2011 Maryland and Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.